Del 22/7 al 24/7 se llevará a cabo el Ubuntu Live’s en Portland Oregon. Por mas información www.ubuntulive.com
Ubuntu Live’s wide-ranging program will give participants all the knowledge they need to explore and set in motion the powerful features in Ubuntu and related applications. Expert-led tutorials, big-picture plenary gatherings, focused sessions, and a lively “hallway track” bring all participants face to face with the worldwide Ubuntu community. Ubuntu Live tutorials coincide with OSCON to further connect Ubuntu users with the larger open source community. Make 2007 your summer of open source. Join us at the very first Ubuntu Live, happening July 22-24, 2007 in Portland, Oregon.
Some of the topics we will be exploring at Ubuntu Live are:
- Using Ubuntu at the edge of the network
- Ubuntu in small and medium businesses
- Ubuntu in the NGO/non-profit sector
- High performance computing
- Ubuntu Community contributions
- Ubuntu use in developing economies
- Ubuntu in education
- Building Ubuntu-based appliances and products
- Point of sale, mobile, scientific research, banking, and other verticals
- Performance optimization in Ubuntu
- Ubuntu derivatives, such as Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Xubuntu
Ubuntu Live Tracks
- Technical: Discussion of Ubuntu development, developing on Ubuntu, and deploying/administering Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu in Action: General case studies or examples of Ubuntu in real world use.
- Education: Ubuntu in educational settings
- NGO: Ubuntu in non-profits
- Community: Community initiatives, what’s special about the Ubuntu community, etc
- Products & Services: Hear from ISVs and other service providers who are making products or businesses based on Ubuntu.